A couple of weeks ago one of my most profitable sites was hammered by Google.
I’ve told you more than a dozen times that my youth ministry site is driven by Adwords. BUT two weeks ago they shut down my account…
Notice the word PERMANENTLY.
That made me nervous. I did not want to lose the account. I’d worked too hard getting my CPC down. Starting over would mean paying roughly .60 a click more than I am paying right now.
I clicked the “learn more” link. And….
That page also had a ton of links to explain exactly what their policies were. BUT that was too much to read. So I emailed them…
Please tell me EXACTLY what I did wrong so I can correct it.
Here was the response…
Within a day they told me three things that were wrong with the site…
- Needed a direct link from my home page to any Adwords landing page
- Needed a clear support link.
Pretty easy fixes. Which I did, but I was STILL denied.
But I KNEW I had taken the right steps. So… I resubmitted through their contact form because I thought, “Maybe I will get someone who’s new to the case and won’t see a problem.”
#1 Do what Google wants. Duh!
#2 If they shut down your site or your Adwords keep working with them. Don’t get arrogant or stupid.
#3 Google isn’t evil or bad. They have policies and as long as we don’t ignore them, our sites remain listed and our ads run.
Success is NOT an Accident!
Join me and Carrie Wilkerson THIS Thursday night at 7 pm CST. We’re going to share…
- The #1 Reason People Fail in Their Online Business and How to Avoid It in an Instant
- The 5 Biggest Barriers to Building a Profitable Internet Based Business and How to Correct Them
- The DIY 30 Model which Shows You How Quick and Easy You Can Have All the Pieces of Your Business Running Smoothly and Streamlined.
Just enter your email to join us….